Last Updated: [21/02/2023]
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains our concerning practices, and sets out the basis on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us if you use our Crescent Shine Platform and/or Services (“user”, “you” or “your”), or if you visit or use applications or websites related to the Crescent Shine Platform and/or Services that are available from time to time and that link to or reference to this Policy.
We collect the following information about you:
- Profile Information. The information you give us when you register on the Crescent Shine Account, including, but not limited to, your username, name, personal identification documents (e.g. passport/ID number), date of birth, nationality, email address, telephone number, business information (e.g. name, logo, location, address, registration number, etc.), information about your legal representatives and/or any other information you disclose in the profile of your Crescent Shine Account or otherwise transmitted via the Crescent Shine Platform;
- Transaction Information. Information about transaction(s) in connection to the Services you make and their details;
- Financial Information. Your credit card, other payment card details, bank account number, other digital wallet address and any other financial information in relation to the transactions collected through your use of the Crescent Shine Platform and/or the Services.
- Feedback. Your feedback and/or comments you provide in relation to the Crescent Shine Platform, other users, the Services and/or services of the third party services providers;
- Behaviour Data. Information about your activities on the Crescent Shine Platform, for example, the types of products/services you engage or show interest in;
- Technical Information. Including but not limited to your internet protocol (IP) address, device ID, device characteristics, time zone, language settings, web server logs, applications logs, and/or other technical information we collect automatically via Cookies or similar technologies; and
- Information from related applications or websites. If you are accessing or using applications or websites related to the Crescent Shine Platform and/or the Services, we also collect other information that you choose to provide to us and/or is required for us to provide the Crescent Shine Platform and/or Services. This may include, but not limited to, your contact information, such as your name, email address and phone number, technical information such as your IP address, device ID and browser information.
- Information from a Third Party. You may choose to share certain data with us from third parties (e.g., where you choose to register an account on the Crescent Shine Platform by using other social network accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.; or where you choose to link such accounts to the Crescent Shine Platform) or through your use of the Crescent Shine Platform. We may collect information as described herein from such third party automatically.
- Other Technical Information. We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Crescent Shine Platform including when you are interacting with the Crescent Shine Platform without an account. Such information includes your IP address, browsing history (i.e., the content you have viewed on the Crescent Shine Platform), mobile carrier, time zone settings, device ID and/or operation system and the version of the application you are using. We will also collect information regarding the device you are using to access the Crescent Shine Platform such as the model of your device, the device system, network type, device ID, your screen resolution and operating system. Where you log-in from multiple devices, we will be able to use your profile information to identify your activity across devices.
- Location. We use the location settings you select in your account to customise your experience, to verify your account and/or to determine whether you are able to access the Crescent Shine Platform and/or use the Services, or if you are subject to any restriction under applicable laws in your jurisdiction.
- Other Information You Provide Us. Information that we process when you contact us or other users or third parties regarding support through the Services provided by us via our Crescent Shine Platform, and any information required for compliance with the applicable anti-money laundering laws.
You may be able to refuse or disable Cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. In addition, your opt-out selection is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you opt out, so you may need to opt-out separately for each of browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionalities, features of the Crescent Shine Platform, and portions of the Services may no longer be available to you.
We generally process your personal data for our legitimate interests to optimize and improve the features and functionality of the Crescent Shine Platform and/or our Services, for risk management purposes, and for preventing and responding to abuse, fraud, illegal activity, other potentially harmful content, and/or otherwise responding to your requests. We will also use information we collect about you to notify you about changes we made to the Crescent Shine Platform and/or the Services, and/or provide you with support when you contact us. We will use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- provide the Crescent Shine Platform and/or Services to you;
- facilitate the transactions and/or purchases between you and third-party service providers whose products/services you choose to engage via the Crescent Shine Platform;
- provide you with personalised suggestions on the features and/or ways to make use of our Services that will be of your interest;
- enable you to transfer your Digital Assets from and to your Crescent Shine Wallet(s);
- verify and communicate with you;
- to help us detect and combat abuse, harmful activity, fraud, spam, and illegal activity on the Crescent Shine Platform;
- carry out data analysis and test the Crescent Shine Platform to ensure its stability and security;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of the Crescent Shine Platform;
- to ensure that you satisfy legal requirements to use our Crescent Shine Platform and/or our Services (for example, that you are of required age and/or have full legal capacity as required by law).
- provide you with location-based services (where those services are available in your jurisdiction);
- facilitate and provide any others’ user support;
- enforce our terms, conditions and policies;
- ensure our compliance with any applicable laws; and
- administer the Crescent Shine Platform including troubleshooting.
We share your information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling your transactions and/or the Services on our behalf. In responding to or processing your queries, feedback, claims or disputes, we may have to share your information with respective third parties related thereto.
If you choose to register to use the Crescent Shine Platform using your social network account details (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.), you will provide us or allow your social network providers to provide us with your username and public profile. We will likewise share certain information with the relevant social network providers such as your username, your public profile on the Crescent Shine Platform.
We may also share your information with our subsidiaries, or affiliates to provide the Crescent Shine Platform including improving and optimising the Crescent Shine Platform, preventing illegal uses and supporting users.
In addition, we will share your information with the jurisdiction court, law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so, or if such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal obligations, processes or requests;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, yourself, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or asset (whether a result of liquidation, bankruptcy or otherwise), in which case we will disclose your information, provided by you and/or collected by us according to this Policy, to the prospective seller or buyer of such businesses or assets; or
- if we sell, buy, merge, are acquired by, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, your information may be among the transferred assets.
The personal data we collect from you may be stored on a server located in other countries where we operate, which may be outside of the country of your usual residence.
You can access, update or correct your profile information by signing into the Crescent Shine Account. We also provide a number of tools that allow you to control such information. If you wish to delete your personal information that we hold, you will be able to do so by sending us a request.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to relevant data protection authority in your jurisdiction, where you have reasonable grounds to believe that we have processed your personal information not in accordance with this Policy and/or any applicable data protection laws.
You agree and acknowledge that any changes to information in your Crescent Shine Account may disable any or all of the functionality(ies), feature(s) of the Crescent Shine Platform, portion of the Services provided to you, and/or suspend any or all of transactions under process, and we shall not be held any liability for any loss incurred in this event.
We take industry standard security measures to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will protect your personal data, for example, by encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via the Crescent Shine Platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
We have appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedom of you and other users. We maintain these technical and organizational measures and will amend them from time to time to improve the overall security of our systems.
We will, from time to time, include links to and from other websites and/or services provided or operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with such third parties. We do not control over such websites/services and are not responsible or liable for any activities thereon. If you follow a link to any of these websites/services, please note that these websites/services have their own privacy policies and therefore, you must check these policies before you visit these websites and/or use their services.
We retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the Crescent Shine Platform and/or the Services. Where we do not need your information in order to provide the service to you, we retain it only for so long as we have a legitimate business purpose in keeping such data. However, there are occasions where we are likely to keep these data for longer in accordance with our legal obligations or where it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
After you have terminated your use of our Crescent Shine Platform and/or the Services, we will either delete your information or store them in an aggregated and anonymised format without further notice to you.
We do not direct the Crescent Shine Platform and/or Services to any person under 18 years of age and do not intentionally collect personal information from visitors who are under 18 years of age. In certain cases, this age may be higher due to local regulatory requirements. If you, his/her parent or guardian, believe that we have personal data about or collected from your child/minor under the relevant age, please contact us at [email protected]. We will immediately delete the collected information of your child/minor upon the completion of our verification.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at [email protected] and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the relevant data protection authority.
We update this Policy from time to time, for instance when we integrate new functions to the Crescent Shine Platform and/or make changes to our Services. We will generally notify you by updating the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Policy, giving the pop-up announcement, sending a message to your Crescent Shine Account, and/or through any other communication methods which we deem to be reasonable unless otherwise indicated by us. Such Changes will be effective immediately upon being released to users in any manner. You should look at this Policy regularly to check for any changes. If you do not agree to the updated Policy as notified to you, you may not be able to continue your access to the Crescent Shine Platform and/or your use of our Services. Your continued access to the Crescent Shine Platform and/or use of the Services after the effective date of the updated Policy constitutes your acceptance to the updated policy.